Tuesday 8 November 2011

DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner


I read recently that you should clean your makeup brushes AT LEAST once a month. Uhhh, whoops! The last couple times I've bought makeup brushes, the kind woman at the cosmetics counter has asked if I have brush cleaner. I don't know why, but I always lie and say I do. I think it's because I'm already spending kind of an unreasonable amount of money on a brush and I figure I'll just get around to it later. Well, it's later. Enter homemade brush cleaner. Anti-bacterial dish soap and olive oil. That's it!

1.) Pour 2 tbsp. of dish soap and 11/2 tbsp. of olive oil on a plate
2.) Dip your brush in the solution and rub it in a circular motion in the palm of your hand. The color will start coming out of the brush


3.) Rinse the brush by rubbing it in a circular motion in your palm under warm -not hot- water
4.) Dry your brushes upside down by using clothes pins or bag clips. This keeps water from running into the handle and wrecking your brush

Voila! Clean brushes for zero extra dollars.

3 comments: