Wednesday 9 November 2011

Christmas Baking- Nuts and Bolts

Let me start out by saying that I'm not one of those people who start celebrating Christmas at the beginning of November. Lights, trees and decorations don't come out until December 1st at the earliest. That said, I do like to get my Christmas baking done as early as possible so that when the holidays roll around I can just relax. It also gives me extra time to eat it straight out of the freezer.

For the next couple of weeks I'm going to share some of my favorite Christmas treats starting with my mom's Nuts and Bolts. I don't know what it is about this recipe that blows every other version out of the water, but I'll continue to eat them by the handful to figure it out.


Nuts & Bolts

1 lb butter
4 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp garlic power
3 tsp onion powder
3 tsp celery salt
1 tsp marjoram
1 tsp savory
1/8 tsp cayenne
4 c Cheerios
4 c Life cereal
4 c Shreddies
Pretzels (however many you want)
2 c salted peanuts or mixed nuts
2 bags Bugles*
1 box Cheese Nips or Goldfish

Melt butter in saucepan. combine all other ingredients in large roaster. Pour butter over all and mix well. Bake at 250 for 2 hours stirring every 15 min.

This makes A LOT.

*As you may have noticed in the photo, I didn't use Bugles. I went to 3 different stores to find them and couldn't, so I used Hickory Sticks instead. Now I think I might prefer them to Bugles.

1 comment: