Tuesday 3 December 2013

Gift Guide: For the Host/Hostess

While reading this post over on Paper Bluejay, I discovered a new gift giving strategy. When buying gifts, limit them to 4 things:

Something I want, something I need, something to wear, something to read.

This week I'll have gift guides based on that theme. The first is for the host/hostess putting all the effort into throwing the perfect holiday party.

Something I want:
For the morning after the party and beyond: a 3 month coffee subscription from Caffe Rosso. This might be a bit pricier than your average host gift, but you could go together with a few friends and pair it with some cute mugs.
Something I need:
I'm not above drinking champagne out of a coffee mug, but it's always nice to have a nice set of flutes. I fell in love with these stemless ones from Chapters.


Something to wear:
From baking to barbecuing, everyone can use an apron. I like this gender neutral style from Anthropologie.


Something to read:
Not that your host will need any advice on how to throw a great party, but this beautiful book from Kinfolk has lots of tips and recipes for a simple and impressive soiree.

No comments:

Post a Comment