Wednesday 16 May 2012

Homemade Sugar Scrub (aka I Miss Humidity)

The minute we touched down in Calgary from Hawaii, I felt all of that lovely, tropical moisture being sucked from my skin (and hair and nails). This scrub is so simple and uses things you probably have sitting in your cupboard right now. I like using coconut oil as the smell always reminds me of a tropical vacation. Especially, that time in Costa Rica when Eric and I thought it would be a good idea to ditch sunscreen and slather ourselves in the stuff instead...6 degrees from the equator. That's a story for another time.


Sugar Scrub
1 c. raw sugar
1/2 c. oil- coconut, almond, avocado or olive all work.
essential oil or lemon zest for scent (optional)

Poor sugar into a jar with a tight fitting lid. Add oil a little at a time and stir to mix. Stir in essential oil or zest (if using). Store in the shower for easy access to soft, smooth skin.

Added bonus: this makes a great gift for any lovely ladies in your life. Perhaps a belated Mother's Day surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment