Thursday 1 September 2011

Leftovers...

The contents of my fridge were a bit random yesterday. Leftover zucchini- 1 whole and 2 partially peeled, the remnants of the 2 dozen eggs I took home from the family reunion, green onions, spinach, mixed greens, apples and honey goat cheese. I was originally going to make some sort of zucchini bread until I stumbled upon these Zucchini Fritters. Throw a poached egg and some crispy prosciutto on top and I'm sold!*


 I threw together a quick salad with cider vinaigrette and Highwood Crossing canola seeds.

We typically don't eat dessert, especially not on a Wednesday night dinner at home (the shame!).
But with all those leftover apples, what's a girl to do? I tossed the apples in some course sugar, cinnamon and cardamom. Spread the honey goat cheese on the pie dough, put the apple mixture and some pecans on top.

I don't want to toot my own horn here, but BEEP! BEEP!



I think the dinner gods sensed I wasn't in the mood for failure and granted me a win on this one. Thanks dinner gods!

*That statement applies to pretty much anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment