Tuesday 13 September 2011

Ahh the Weekend

What an amazing weekend!

Michelle and I spent the weekend in Banff. Highlights include dinner at The Bison (duck, of course), sangria on the Elk and Oarsman patio and sleeping in until 1pm guilt free. Today's weather makes me think that this past weekend was the last nice one that we're going to get and I wouldn't have spent it any other way. All the dinner, wine and sleep was in preparation for our 10k run on Sunday morning.

If you'd have told me a year ago that I'd be spending my birthday weekend running a 10k race, I'd have told you to give your head a shake. I ran my first 10k last year around this time and it was raining/snowing and completely miserable. I did it in 1:02:27. This year I did it in 00:57:19! I told you those new runners were good.

Last night was birthday dinner with the family at Double Zero for pizza and gelato and today is my dear friend Sarah's birthday. It's been so great celebrating our birthdays together for the last 14 years.

I didn't take a single photo over the weekend so I'll leave you with these champagne popsicles because, well, look at them!

No comments:

Post a Comment