Thursday 6 June 2013

Black Bean Brownies

Well, I was hoping to keep it a secret, but based on the last couple of weeks I think I have to admit that I'm totally losing it. Do you ever have so many thing going on that it feels like you never complete a full thought in an entire day- it's just a constant flow of random, scattered bits and pieces? That's my whole life right now. I can't remember anything. ANYTHING.

I bought my Mom cards for Mother's day and planned to take them to her last weekend. I went to work and realized I had forgotten them. No big deal. I'd just run home and grab them and be on my way. I came home, hung out for 20 minutes or so, and completely forgot them AGAIN.

It should come as no surprise that while making these black bean brownies, I blended up all of the ingredients (or so I thought) and thought the batter was a bit too thick. No matter- even though I've made them 3 times in the last month and know what the consistency should be- I'll just add some water and throw them in the oven. About 5 minutes in, I look at the counter and there's the honey I forgot right in front of my face. Ugh. At least there were brownies at the end of it all :)


Technically, there should be chocolate melted on top of these, but after pulling them out of the oven and adding the honey, the chocolate chips ended up mixed in. They're still delicious though.

Black Bean Brownies
1 15oz can of black beans
1/2 c. oatmeal
1/4 c. coconut oil (I usually use half coconut oil and half peanut butter)
1/4 c. honey
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.
Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Pour batter into a greased 8x8 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25 minutes. While the chocolate chips are still warm, spread them along the top of the brownies. Allow to fully cool before cutting. If they're still soft, keep them in the fridge to make them easier to cut and remove from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment