Wednesday 27 February 2013

Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad

When I was growing up, my mom typically did most of the cooking. If my mom was away, or for some reason my Dad was in charge of dinner, cajun chicken caesar salad was his specialty. The chicken has to be grilled and spicy and the dressing has to be homemade.


Martha Stewart has a great caesar recipe. I typically put the dressing ingredients in the blender to make sure it gets nice and thick.

Cajun Seasoning 
aka Emeril's essence (also see here)

5 tbsp paprika (sweet)
1/4 c salt
1/4 c garlic powder
2 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp cayenne
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried thyme


Rub chicken breasts with a couple tablespoons of the cajun seasoning (save the rest for another time) and throw them on a hot grill cook until the juices run clear or they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. After letting the chicken rest, cut into pieces and serve it warm on top of the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment