Wednesday 4 January 2012

Looking Ahead



This picture was taken after much cheese and much, much wine and champagne on New Year's Eve. We may or may not have lit fireworks off the balcony, but that's neither here nor there.

I feel like New Year's resolutions get a bad rap. Maybe it's because often times people don't actually do the things they set out to do. I think it's important to have goals for the new year. Set out to challenge yourself and try something new. At the very least, you'll make a memory. Here are a few of my goals for 2012:
  • Go an entire month without eating out or ordering in. As much as I love eating out I think it'll be a fun challenge to cook everything at home. Not only will it be healthier, but a lot cheaper!
  • Run a couple of 10k races- preferably somewhere new. I like 10kms. It's challenging while still being enjoyable. Part of me thinks I should try for the half marathon, but the other part of me, the part that includes the lungs, legs and brain, thinks that might be a terrible idea.
  • Cook something in a water bath. As soon as a recipe calls for a water bath-I'm out, but not this year. Creme brulee, here we come.
  • Take a class. I'm not sure what it will be yet, maybe photography or Photoshop 101, maybe another wine course, but I'm going to learn something new.
  • Have friends over more often.

I've got a few trip ideas brewing, we're talking about buying a new place and it's only January 4th. I can't wait to see what this year brings!

1 comment:

  1. all rad goals! i would totally love to take a photoshop class with you if thats the route you go! keep me posted!

    ps- love the new blog banner! cute!

    happy new year, anna!! xo

    ReplyDelete