Friday 27 January 2012

Book/Wine Club

The first official book club meeting is tonight (we're reviewing the Hunger Games trilogy which I loved). The most important rule of book club is that everyone must bring a bottle of wine. Technically, it's meant for the hostess, but I imagine there won't be much leftover after a heated Team Peeta/Team Gale discussion. Here are a couple of my favorite go-to wines.






From the top:

Pirramimma Petit Verdot
Four Vines Biker Zinfandel- I normally drink their Old Vine Cuvee because it's cheaper, easier to find and equally delicious, but I came across Biker the other day and had to have it.
Crasto Douro- Having never had anything but port from this region, we decided to give this wine a try on New Year's Eve and it was quickly added to the list of favorites.
Kung Fu Girl Riesling- I normally prefer reds, but when I do drink whites, this one always impresses.
Nino Franco Rustico- Oh bubbles!! I'm always happy to try new sparkling wines, but the Nino is always the trusted go-to and it's very easy to find.

This was a tough list to make! There are too many good wines to choose from. Do you have any faves you'd like to add? Perhaps do a little "research" over the weekend and report back. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment