Tuesday 10 June 2014

Time with Dad- Picnic in the Park

I was chatting with my brother about what to get our dad for Father's Day. After I threw out a few lame suggestions (my Dad is IMPOSSIBLE to buy for), my brother suggested that we plan a family outing where all he has to do is show up and have fun. In that spirit, I've got a few ideas this week to spend some quality time with dad- because that's all he really wants anyway.

First up: picnic in the park

Pack up some cheese, meat, salads, etc. and head down to a local park. Many have BBQ pits to roast hot dogs or, if you want to go a bit fancier, River Cafe offers picnic baskets to take away and is perfectly located on Prince's Island. Grab some bocce balls or a ball glove and you've got a great (and grand kid friendly) afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment