Thursday 25 July 2013

Watermelon Feta Salad

I've been laid up most of this week with a wicked sinus infection. I'm feeling much better now, but I think my antibiotics made me oversleep while I was home, because now, when I try to go to bed, I just lie there...for hours. While in bed last night, I tried to come up with something to say about this salad- something about it tasting like summer, perhaps a clever anagram, and then the melatonin kicked in and it was lights out. So, I don't have much to say about it, except that it's totally delicious and perfect for your next BBQ or picnic.



Watermelon Feta Salad
3 c. Arugula
Half a small watermelon, cut into cubes
1 avocado, sliced
100g feta, crumbled or cut into cubes

Honey Lime Dressing
1/4 c. fresh lime juice
1/4 c. olive oil
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp. jalapeƱo, chopped
salt

Add all salad ingredients to a bowl. Mix dressing (I like to do it in a blender, but you could just whisk it) and pour over.

No comments:

Post a Comment