Tuesday 14 February 2012

Cherub's Cup

I'm not entirely sure how or when it happened, but I started getting e mails from The Spirit. It must've been divine intervention because just in time for Valentine's Day, I received a recipe for a drink called the Cherub's Cup. Similar to the French 75 with the addition of elderflower liquer (which, by the way, makes everything better), it was right up my alley for pre-Valentine's dinner cocktails.



Cherub's Cup
1/4 part Simple Syrup
Champagne
3/4 part Lemon Juice
1 Strawberry
1 part St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
2 parts Hendrick's Gin

Preparation
Shake and strain over fresh rocks in a collins glass. Top with Champagne. Garnish with strawberry.
I wasn't really thinking and didn't make ice before trying to make these so I shook the ingredients over frozen strawberries. It added a nice hint of sweetness and bit of a pink color.


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentines day- what a lovely drink. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete