Wednesday 14 May 2014

Mini Reno

Being over 100 years old, our house has a few quirks- one of which is the kitchen bathroom (picture fridge-wall-bathroom door). When we originally looked at our place I figured it would be the first thing to go, but now I've grown fond of its convenience. We do plan to fully reno it one day, but it's on a pretty large to-do list. Until we get around to tearing out its wood paneled walls and leveling it's half grouted floors, I decided to give it a bit of a sprucing up.

After a fresh coat of white paint, I bought paintable (and easy to remove) wallpaper from Home Depot for the backs of the cupboards. I had planned to leave it all white, but once the wallpaper was on, it turned out to be more beige and only increased the already 70's cottage vibe. I painted the wallpaper in Behr's 'Elf Hat' and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


All renos need wine. Especially when wallpaper is involved.




Now to tackle the deck, floors, siding, windows...etc., etc. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment