Wednesday 3 October 2012

Goals

Back in January I set some goals for the year. In true procrastinator fashion, I left the majority of them until October. How is it already October, by the way?!

Source

Here's where I'm at:

  • Go an entire month without eating out or ordering in. As much as I love eating out I think it'll be a fun challenge to cook everything at home. Not only will it be healthier, but a lot cheaper! - Partially accomplished. We started on Monday and are going all of October without eating out or ordering in.
  • Run a couple of 10k races- preferably somewhere new. I like 10kms. It's challenging while still being enjoyable. Part of me thinks I should try for the half marathon, but the other part of me, the part that includes the lungs, legs and brain, thinks that might be a terrible idea.- Nope. Pretty much the exact opposite actually. I ran one 5k race in the same place I did the 10k last year. Oops.
  • Cook something in a water bath. As soon as a recipe calls for a water bath-I'm out, but not this year. Creme brulee, here we come.  Done!
  • Take a class. I'm not sure what it will be yet, maybe photography or Photoshop 101, maybe another wine course, but I'm going to learn something new.- Nope. Not even close. I missed the canning class I wanted to take- AGAIN. I'm thinking an Indian cooking class might be a good substitute for our Sunday night Moti Mahal ritual this month.
  • Have friends over more often. This one can never really be fully accomplished, but having a new place has brought lots of visitors.

To quote the ever-talented Meatloaf, 'two out of three ain't bad.' Except in this case it's three out of five, but you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment