Here are some highlights:
- Dirty Laundry- A super fun and flirty winery. The story goes that during the BC gold mine a chinese buisness man wanted to make a little extra money so he opened up a Chinese laundry. When he noticed that it wasn't bringing in the coin he had hoped, he opened a brothel upstairs. The winery now sits where the brothel once was. Their wine is delicious and the patio was stunning!
- Gray Monk- In a word: Kerner. This white tastes like a glass full of peach puree.
- Mission Hill- We took a Discovery Tour here and got to learn all about the history and visit the cellar. We picked up some of their Oculus Cherries (soaked in their famed 'Oculus' red) and enjoyed a birthday dinner on the terrace.
- Quail's Gate- Stunning patio and restaurant. The tasting room was insanely busy, so we just grabbed a quick snack.
- Summerhill- Their award winning champagne has beaten out some of the best from France. That alone is worth the visit.
We also visited St. Hubertus, Sonoran, Sumac Ridge (they also have a great sparkling), Greata Ranch, Thornhaven, Heaven's Gate, and Sleeping Giant fruit winery.
I have to give a shout out to Uncorked Wine Tours. We had an amazing tour with them on our first day. Our guide, Herb, took photos for us all day, gave us a full history lesson of the area and some great restaurant recommendations. I would highly recommend their tours if you're heading to the Okanagan.